The Philippines is very well known for its delicious tasting mangoes. The sweetest among the varieties is the Carabao Mango or locally known as Manggang Kinalabaw. Filipinos are fond of serving fresh ripe mangoes as desserts to special guests or even during ordinary days. In this article we will feature one of the Filipinos’ favorite desserts – Mango Float.
Mangoes are often used as main ingredients for different cakes and pastries, and one of our favorite desserts during special occasions is the Mango Float. Make sure that you choose ripe Manggang Kinalabaw so that it is guaranteed sweet. This dessert is very easy to make, even kids can help create this simple but delightful treat.
Mango Float Ingredients:
1 box graham crackers
1 tablespoon of crushed graham
1 cup all purpose cream
3/4 cup condensed milk
2 cups of mangoes (thinly sliced)
Mango Float – Procedure:
- In a rectangular dish, arrange 8 to 10 pieces of graham crackers.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cream and condensed milk. Mix well.
- Then on the layered crackers on the bottom, spread the milk and cream mixture.
- Then spread out the thin sliced mangoes evenly on top of the cream.
- Make another layer of graham crackers; spread the cream and mango slices.
- Garnish top layer with mango and sprinkle the crushed graham.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.